Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Whew! Having fun is hard work!


Good morning and happy Tuesday! It has been a chaotic but fun weekend around here and I think we spent Monday recovering from all of the fun! LOL. Last week our handsome little man turned 3….3!! (I still can’t believe that he is already 3 years old!) Well, since he is a Cars fanatic we had a Cars themed birthday party for him on Saturday. He was ecstatic! As soon as DH hung his “Happy Birthday” banner he was running all around the house saying “My birfday is here! My birfday is here!” I think that it was a huge success, we had a house full of people, a kitchen full of amazing food and AJ had a smile from ear to ear the entire day! (Now we just have to get the Thank You notes done! LOL).
The outside of the invite
And it pops up! (I wish I could take the credit for thinking this up, but I found it on another website...and now I can't remember which site it was. Once I do I will give credit where it is due =D).
The birthday boy and his gift from Mom, Dad and Sissy!
Sissy was due for a new bike too and Aj needed someone to ride with!
Some of the party go'ers and the DH!
On Sunday we thought it would be fun to take the kiddos to Disney on Ice. So, the entire family made a trip to the Event Center to enjoy a magical evening together. (The hubby, kids, me, my mom, brother, aunt, uncle and 4 of our wonderful cousins all came together for the event.) After watching it, I have to say that it is worth the price of the ticket and the effort of packing in two kiddos. They both watched in awe the entire time and at the end they were able to high five all of the characters as they skated off the ice! J even enrolled in ice skating lessons after watching it, she has decided that she wants to be a Figure Skater and work for Disney when she grows up. I think that it will be interesting to watch her go from beginner to pro (and knowing her, it won’t take her very long to get there!)
Mickey and Minnie on the Ice


Well, that was our excitement for the weekend! I hope that everyone enjoyed the sunshine and beautiful weather; I know that we did and we won’t be spending very much time inside this week. =D

Susan

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had so much fun this weekend. I wanted to take ODS to Disney on Ice, but his grandma beat me to the punch. So glad you had such an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! We had a blast and Disney was the icing on the cake (I guess literally this weekend LOL). We will be going when (or if) it comes back to town. =D

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!!! The 2 Naturally Twisted Moms will review it for posting!!! Have a Naturally Twisted day!!!